You might have thought I've been slaving myself on my card box project. Nope, instead, I've joined Erik today on the basement cleanup project! But first we had a brainstorming session on the cake box project - check out the result:
[caption id="attachment_322" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="This is the sketch of the cake card box. The top drawing is of the card box in the shape of the box of presents - we decided that we liked the cake idea better"][/caption]
After figuring out the basic idea for the cake box we decided to do a useful thing - clean out our basement! I think what made it so appealing was the incentive - we were cleaning out the basement because it would allow me to work on my card box project. Apparently it wasn't safe for me to use the hot glue gun in our dining room... Who knew?!
So here is your "before":
[caption id="attachment_315" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The title of this "before" picture is "Find Ksusha!" Have you found me yet? Look for pink! :) "][/caption]
and "after" pictures:
![Not everything is cleaned up, but the big pile in front of the shelf unit is gone. Yay!]While cleaning up the basement we came across the boxes I could now use for the cake card box. We even found a cake stand!
[caption id="attachment_319" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Boxes for the "cake" and the "cake stand"! "Cake stand" is the network wiring spool. I'm very excited we are using so much cruft we kept around for a "future craft project" like this."][/caption]
I can't want to start on this project! Yay to cleaning the basement!
[Not everything is cleaned up, but the big pile in front of the shelf unit is gone. Yay!]: http://ksusha.org/wp-uploads/2010/08/IMG_3223-300x225.jpg "after"